Monday, April 23, 2007

The weekend

I had a really great weekend (minus one thing that will be in the next post). SS came in and Friday night we hung out at home. I made taco's and we got some Corona and played Dance Dance Revolution for the evening. At first I thought the game would be lame, but I had a good time.. and burned 300 calories last night playing it!!

Saturday we headed down to Squirrel Hill and ate at Aladdin's. I hadn't been there in a long time and I totally dig Mediterranean food so I was really happy. I had a pita wrap with hummus and fallafel. Also some babba which was really good. After that we walked around SH then hit up dozen cupcakes. This is the new trendy thing I guess around here. They have a cupcake menu each day. We bought all 6 and took them with us to try later (I didn't think they were awesome, especially for $15 for 6). We then hit up Cold Stone for some ice cream. The weather was absolutely perfect so it was nice to walk around.

Later that night we headed to Dish. Now if you haven't been there, go. It is a jem. We had some great Riesling, salad, potato lentil soup, shrimp and then for the main course I had gnocchi in a lamb and beef ragu (freaking amazing) and she had a NY Strip Steak with the tastiest spinach I have ever had. We ended the meal with choc. bread pudding and some amazing Tiramisu.

We then headed over to Fat Heads for a beer, then to Nakama which was so packed we left, then finally over to Mario's for a beer and to watch the Pirate game.

---- next blog post fits here ----

Sunday we spent the day hanging out playing DDR etc. I made Club Grilled Cheeses (bacon, tomato on the grilled cheese) which were awesome (I am now hungry from talking about all this food). We watched Smoking Aces which wasn't bad, I need to watch it again b/c i fell asleep at the beginning. Finally we headed down to the Waterfront to catch Blades of Glory. SO FUNNY. After that we hit up Bar louie for a drink, then on to the airport for her flight back.

It was a very very nice weekend and nice to have SS with me. She even left me a card by the bed which I found last night when I headed upstairs around midnight. Very nice :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would pay to see you two do Dance Dance Revolution!