Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Belize City, Belize

The final stop was in Belize. We headed out to go snorkeling on the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world. I was stoked b/c I have never snorkeled before. We got on a boat off of our ship and headed right to the reef. (SS, me and her parents). We spent about an hour in the water snorkeling which was great. Saw some amazing coral!! Then they took us to this "resort" on an island. This place was neat. No rooms or hotel it was just for people doing these kinds of trips. We hung out there for an hour an a half or so and I got to go kayaking which was sweet.



So after that we headed back to our ship, changed clothes and headed over to the port at Belize City. We hit this sweet bar called the Wet Lizard. It was really nice. Basically a deck overlooking the water where they let everyone write all over the bar and walls and sign their names and stuff. We met two of the crew members there which were great contacts. The one hooked us up with a nice private cocktail party! We ate some great local food, bought some of their hot sauce which kicked ass and then spent the rest of the time shopping... picked up some Pineapple wine made locally and had a Belikin beer which is a local beer. We also ate some taco's and a local app. that I can't remember the name of.

A very nice afternoon to close out our trip. I really enjoyed sitting at the bar and the nice thing about Belize is English is the official language so it made everything very easy. We wrapped it up buying some gifts for our folks and friends and headed back to the ship.

No comments: