Tuesday, April 10, 2007

29th b-day March 31st

My birthday wouldn't be one that I would have imagined spending the day like I did, or even enjoying it but here is the story:

We got to GW Bush (ugh) airport around 11am. Our flight was at 4:30p. So we ate some food and got a table to sit at while we waited for our flight. That flight ended up being delayed till 7:30p. So we spent the day playing Mexican train dominoes, screw your neighbor and Euchre. We taught SS's parents how to play Euchre and they kicked our ass. But anyhow... what amazed me was this.

As you have read from my musings and bitching that I tend to get really upset when this stuff happens and think why does this always happen to me.. I am a good person, I turn in 160 bucks when I find it etc.. but honestly I had a really nice day. I had a lot of fun playing games with SS's fam and just hanging out.

We finally got in the air around 8:30 to get to Chicago and not be able to land b/c of weather. First we are in a holding pattern, then we have to fly to Indy b/c we are out of gas!!! We finally get to Chicago at midnight... 4.5 hours late.

I have to say this vacation has done me well. I didn't get upset, I was totally calm and just kinda went with the flow.. and really enjoyed my birthday of just hanging out and playing games.. even though it was in that airport.

No comments: