Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Progresso

Stop #1 took us to Progresso. We wanted to take a Jeep out and drive around the city and see some wilderness, Mayan ruins and stuff but the trip was booked... so we picked the "beach party". The port at Progresso was very sparse and no where near anything.. just a big concrete pier. All 4 of us boarded a bus that took us to the Reef Yucatan Resort. Upon arrival at 10am or so, there didn't seem to be much going on. Just the people that were on the trip. This place was an all-inclusive resort and we found out it is $79 / night and buy 3 get 1 night free. The place is gorgeous.. right on the ocean, 2 pools, tons of hammocks, bars, food etc.


So I spent the first hour in a hammock, relaxing and enjoying some mai tai's. The great thing about this place is the waiter didn't even let my drink get half way gone before there was a second. I then made my way over to the pool to swim a little and ended up playing some pool volleyball with some kids from Missouri U. We then started drinking some blue drink called Captain (I don't remember the rest). I was beginning to get a good buzz going but then we heard we had to leave. V Slad made a deal with the next tour coming from the boat and we got to stay a full 6 hours.

Well that was good and bad because after I heard we were staying, well I started hitting the tequila.

The short of the whole story is I basically swam and drank my ass off all day. Right before we left, SS and I walked up and down the beach which was really nice. The beach was very "shelly" and sharp from all of the shells that had washed up on shore.

We jumped on the bus and headed back for the boat (I did two shots of tequila back to back before we left). So on the bus I'm drunk, and SS is seeing me drunk for the first time. I turn around to see there is no bathroom on the bus... so for the first time in my life I had to go in a cup. Even worse is that I almost filled up the first cup and had to go to #2. Luckily I didn't, but had to hold the cups the rest of the ride back (3o min or so). In the seat across from us big boobs and her friend were sitting there and her friend puked out the window, on the person in front of her and pretty much everywhere else. Quite disgusting.

SS was a little drunk too and decided to yell out on the bus to the big boobed girl (mind you her parents are in front of us on the bus) hey can he fuck your tits. I was shocked, but drunk so it didn't matter... too bad she didn't say yes!! ;) SS and I could have had some fun with her. (yes I know.. dream on).

Something cool we learned on the way there was that houses go for about 100K down there, and they were gorgeous. The problem though is insuring them which its really pricey from what I understand. Could be a great retirement spot though!

So, it was a damn fun day and I actually got drunk for once (it took about 15 drinks at least and 3 shots of tequila, but I got there!)

No comments: