Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fortune Cookies, do they tell the truth?


The other day I got a fortune cookie that read:
A new chapter in your life is being written
Now usually with fortune cookies I take a different route than believing. My dirty mind inserts at the end of each fortune "in bed" now typically this works well because I tend to find the fortunes garbage, but I found one that I think might actually be right.


Why do I think that is the real question because I am a glass half empty kinda guy. I have gone through so much shit over the past 7 months I never thought things would show some hint of turning around. Don't get me wrong, I am not holding hope in this whole life turn around. I have gotten excited and let down too many times to allow for that. So instead I speculate and at least ponder the chance.

So what is being written in this current chapter of my life:

  • SS is a total bright spot for me. She is here this week and we finally get to experience some "normal life settings" (I am working these days that she is here)
  • I have hired a lawyer and am moving forward with the divorce finally. Seems that Emily and I are even able to discuss this stuff without our lawyers and without fighting. I am hoping that we can resolve this easily and without lawyer arguments.
  • I got a phone call about a job I have been waiting to hear about for something like 8 months. They finally got their money and I will find out next Wednesday if I can get out of this hell hole
  • The notion that I am leaving is such a great thing. I can't wait till MLI realizes how much work I did here and that they need at least 3 people to replace me. If the new opportunity gives me that great, but either way whenever I find a new job this will make me happy
  • Football season is around the corner and I get to watch the defending super bowl champs go for a repeat and WVU go for a National Championship
  • Vacations upcoming to Seattle and Heaven's Amphitheater (Gorge) and 2 trips to Chicago
  • The possibility of the "A Field" at Mary Lou Retton Park in Fairmont, WV being named after my father, who spent so much time making that field great.
  • The Dave Matthews Band continuing its amazing journey and filling up my summer calendar.
So hopefully this new chapter will involve happiness and dare I say love? Who knows if I am capable of that again, but we shall see. I just hope that there is some level of tranquility where I can go through a day and not have something go wrong or worry about something. I wish the same for my mom who is really having a tough go of it. I think my family needs some luck on their side and hopefully this new chapter will not only be written for me but also for the Bond/Yerace family.

2 comments:

GRITS said...

I'm so happy for you - it does look like things are going your way. And I'm so proud of you as well. :-)

Dwight Supremacy said...

I second grits' emotion ... and that would be awesome about the field being named after your dad. Hope it works out. But I was just shocked that there is a Mary Lou Retton Park. :)