Tuesday, May 23, 2006

people and their need to share their opinions about you

Can someone tell me why everyone in this world thinks they are Dr. Phil (who is a douche btw) or some psychologist.

While I am on the subject I will take a tangent on Dr. Phil. I swear he is the reason guys get laid less these days. Who in the hell does he think he is giving relationship advice when he can't even salvage his OWN relationship!!! What a freaking quack.

Ok so back to the original point of my rant. Last night I was at my kickball game; yes I play kickball don't knock it until you try it; and talking before the game. I don't remember what I was saying but most likely I was kidding around with our Captain giving him a hard time about something. Well some girl decided to interject and here was the convo. We will refer to her as DB.. and yes I think you know what DB stands for, if you don't... dumb bitch comes to my mind.

DB: aren't we just here to have fun?
BB: Yes but I would also like to win.
DB: Well if kickball is your life, then you need a serious adjustment
BB: {flaming mad} Who are you to judge me, you don't even know me! (I am sure a fuck you or fuck off went into that also.

Why do people constantly think they need to tell you how you should live your life. I would love to see her step in my shoes for one day with the shit I have dealt with over the past year. She just met me something like 7 weeks ago and hasn't said a damn word to me other than hello.

I admit I am competitive, but I still have fun.. and especially this year. While I miss my old team, specifically the ladies, (we split teams because of the large team size etc..), we have had an excellent ref and only 1 team that is really obnoxious so it has made it a really good time. I am glad it is back to that b/c that is how kickball was for me for a long time until a few recent seasons where the team just got so big everyone was sharing positions and you just didn't play much..

As you can see I tend to digress at times so back to the main focus here..

I don't mind people giving me "advice" when I SOLICIT IT. That is why I have friends that I depend on. For those of you that I do depend on, thank you for being there. I will never understand why people do that. Truthfully offering some advice is ok with me when it is a discussion but to come out and put someone's "life choices" down is just way to much for me. I thought I would be nice and accept the lame apology I got which was: sorry I offended you, not I was wrong to say that... but you know I really don't care. I don't plan on being friends with her and previously I would have sucked it up and just be nice to her. Well things have changed and truthfully I don't have deal with anyone's shit or be nice to anyone unless I want to. So no more trying to please everyone, I am just going to worry about making ME happy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Big Daddy! I hope you follow through with this: "I don't have deal with anyone's shit or be nice to anyone unless I want to. So no more trying to please everyone, I am just going to worry about making ME happy..." Nothing wrong with being a little selfish sometimes!