Monday, July 10, 2006

Long Live the Dave Matthews Band

As we all know I love the Dave Matthews Band. There is just something about them that takes me away from everything. This year has been especially great as they have just been on a roll. Bringing out new music, bringing back old songs etc.

I had the pleasure of making my first trip to Alpine Valley Music Theatre in East Troy, WI for shows 44 and 45. This venue is massive holding 35,000+ and just a sight. I had great company at the show with my new favorite show buddy and we had good seats. Night One about 8 rows back on the left, night 2 about 12 rows back on the left. The lawn at this place is just a sight. It is at least a 45 degree angle if not more up to the top. It is in a ski resort if that gives you any idea. It is one hell of a steep hill and it is just amazing seeing all the people out there . I got to meet some new people which is always fun. The parking lot is an absolute disaster afterwards. Almost 3 hours to get back to the hotel each night and our hotel was 5 miles away. I got to hear my favorite song "Seek Up" and they brought back "The Last Stop" after 1059 days of not being played.

I had a great time on this trip and I will talk more about the stuff that wasn't the concerts in my next blog. I have always had good "buddies" to go to shows with, but I think I have finally found the perfect one. She hasn't seen as many shows as me, but DMB affects her life just like it does mine and is a huge fan. It made this weekend and this "tour" even more memorable.


For those of you interested in my "Tour Stats" here are some pages showing which shows I have been to and what songs I have heard (courtesy of antsmarching.org).

No comments: