I had a wonderful vacation recently in Chicago. It was way to short but very "eye opening". I will try to cover it all in some sort of synopsis but as we all know, I tend to get off point very quickly.
Friday June 30th
I arrived in Chi-town around 8:30, my flight came in like 50 min late which sucked, but other than that I got the pleasure of coming down the escalator into baggage claim to have a wonderful young lady smiling up at me (here on out known as SS). I was much more calm than the first time we hung out (a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh). We have had a "different" relationship for a while I would say. We met ironically at a DMB show in Columbus in 05. We started emailing randomly to every day to.. 30 times a day, started talking on the phone, drunk dialing, all the good stuff and almost a year to the date later we actually spent a weekend together. So, this is weekend two of this journey. I was really happy to get there, she and I get a long well and getting out of town is always a good thing.
So, we head out to her place which is a good ways from downtown (I flew into Midway) and dropped off my bags, I got to meet Rapunzel her dog and see her digs. We went down to eat at the restaurant that she works at. Sat at the bar had lots of drinks and shots, and ate some dinner. I got to meet a few of her friends which was nice. The inquisitive person I am decided to ask her one friend what SS has said about me while she was in the bathroom. This friend had made the "oh so this is him" reaction when I was introduced so I was interested to see what
had been said. SS's friend said well you are the one she holds on a pedestal. Much to my surprise I thought this was a great thing, but I also knew I had a lot to live up to.
We had some more drinks, and then headed back to her place to hang out etc..
Saturday July 1st
Time to head to see DMB. We packed up the car, took the dog to her parents, picked up Shaina and Kyle and headed on to Alpine Valley. It was a long trip due to traffic (3 hours to go 90 miles). We had a great tailgate with her friend Proctor and some others and the show was good too. Sat in the parking lot for hours after the show with Shaina and Kyle (SS was dead asleep in the car :) .
Sunday July 2nd
After Shaina and Kyle headed out we went to this small town called Genevia Lake where SS spent a lot of time as a kid. We had some breakfast and some drinks (bloody mary's for me and mimosas for her). Then we had a real nice day walking around seeing the "downtown" and walking by the lake. I haven't been on a walk like that in a long time. Hand in Hand walking around just enjoying being with each other which was really nice. I didn't think I would feel happy in this way again after everything I have been through but there is just something good here that I want to harness. We went back to the room to get a short nap in before we headed to tailgate and to the show. I received an unfortunate text message that my ex-wifes grandma had passed so that kinda sucked but I just didn't let it ruin my day... it was too good and important to me to lose. Pretty much the same style as the night before .. SS slept in the car on the way back, we were both feeling no pain during the show and SS helped take the song "Smooth Rider" to another level for me. She also made me realize that orange might be my new favorite color :)
This was the day I think it there was more of a realization that there is some pretty large sparks between the two of us. We have both been through a lot of crap in our lives and it just seems right between us.
Monday July 3rd
We got up and headed to Geneva again for lunch on our way home. Stopped at her parents house to get the dog and then headed to her place. Had a nice afternoon relaxing and enjoying being with each other before we headed downtown. I really wanted to go watch the fireworks downtown and she obliged. She isn't big on crowds but it was very nice of her to do this for me.
We went and she showed me Millenium Park, the bean, this art/concert area I forget the name and then went on to the Taste of Chicago.
The taste was well lets say interesting. I loved being able to try all the food, until my stomach decided to hate me and I got sick. We walked the whole thing which there must have been 500,000 people at... it was just so packed. We spent time just relaxing in the park etc...
R is for Rant... Now I must say something, I don't get how people can wear the shit they do. I have never seen so much flab, and skin and stuff hanging out of everywhere. Women were wearing spandex shirts that were 350lbs + or cut off tank tops etc.. I mean just cover it up PLEASE!! We saw this one woman that had to have the biggest breasts I have ever seen in person and I swear her tank top only covered her nipples and she was huge, it was just disgusting. So people do the rest of us the favor and cover up... less is more. Keeps us men wondering what is underneath!!!!
We headed down to Grant Park to watch the fireworks which were really cool, it was just neat to be sitting in a famous park and watching fireworks. This is one of the things I really enjoyed about SS. We just sat around, laid on each other and every time she smiles I just melt. I really can't believe I feel that way, but then again it has been a long time since I have so I am due.
We left the fireworks with our other million friends and had to sit in traffic for a LONG time. Headed home and hung out at her place after that.
Tuesday July 4th
Today was a pretty chill out type of day. Hung out at her place for a long time. Talked to the ex about her grandma.. what a crappy covno that was, I am not even going to write about it b/c I don't want to relive it. We went to try to have lunch at Chipotle but they were closed. I love that place and we have none in the 'Burgh. Ended up eating at this pretty good Rib place and watching the shuttle launch. Then we went looking for a printer for her with no luck. After hanging out at home... we headed to see Superman at this kick ass theatre where they serve you food and you can drink while in the movie. We split a pitcher of Long Island's and had some Sour Patch Kids and enjoyed a pretty good movie. After that we went out to her parents to watch the Fireworks there.
Wednesday July 5th
This was the end of my trip and I hated to leave. I had an amazing time and just didn't want to leave SS behind. I enjoyed spending all my time with her, and I usually get sick of people after a few hours. She really made me realize that I could "feel" again and I hope I did the same for her. It was a great time and something I really really needed... so if you are reading this SS, thank you so much and I can't wait for NY.
I hopped on my plane and headed back home with some great memories and new hope and happiness.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That SS sounds like a pretty kick ass chick
Yes, she does! :-) And you both are pretty lucky to have found each other - congrats!
Post a Comment