Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Recap of the last few weeks

So, I am officially unemployed (sort of). I am working a little at MAGLEV setting up a computer lab and a few friends have offered me some work so I am going to talk to them about that. Bombardier called and told me that it would be the end of the month before I would hear about the system engineer position but they just called yesterday to tell me that they want me to come in for a possible position in the Advanced Engineering group.. so that is tomorrow. Looks like I will be at Bombardier in one role or another so that should be good.

MAGLEV has been treating me well over the past couple weeks which is all I wanted for 6 years. I would have never left if I would have been treated this way the whole time.

SS was here for a week and even though I worked we had a good time.. saw some movies, went to Kennywood which was a real good time.

I went to a wedding a couple Saturdays ago and got to see so many people that I hadn't seen in years. It was so nice to see my "adopted family" (very close friends that I have always called cousin and aunt and uncle etc..). The wedding was at Ohio University so I got to see a little of the campus and hit a bar after the wedding with everyone. Had a real good time. It is really hard to see people out drinking and dancing etc.. when the last time you saw them they were 12. One of the girls has grown up to be probably the most beautiful african american woman I have ever seen.

It is weird not going to work every day, but really I have only been away from MAGLEV for one day since I came in Tue. and Wed. It should settle in more in a couple weeks.

SS and I have been fighting this week, actually just not even talking since Sat. and it is coming down to a difference in opinion which seems to be the same difference over and over again. It is tough and part of me just wants to back down and let her have her way, but I just don't feel I am wrong and that is one thing I don't get past easily. Who knows where this is going to go, right now it isn't down a good path.

DMB this Friday!!!! So excited to see the boys.

Bonds hit 756 last night and I enjoyed it. I am in the innocent until proven group with him and if he is found guilty I also want to see how many of the pitchers he hit the hrs off of were juicing.
I got pretty choked up last night when he thanks his dad and got upset. Dad loved baseball, he was one of the best little league coaches out there except when it came to me. He was always worried that it would look like he was showing me preferential treatment so he did the exact opposite. I was really good at baseball, but I just grew to hate it. I rode him forever about that and looking back at it I kinda understand why he was like that towards me, but it is still hard to swallow. I still miss him dearly and it really made me break down last night.

I am proud of myself that I am not freaking out about the job thing. I have a few moments on Friday where I was thinking what the fuck am I doing, but really I think it is all going to work out.

It better at least or my mom will jump off the bridge.

Maybe I will just win the powerball tonight and it won't be an issue... yea right

No comments: