Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Snow Days

Since more snow has hit the ground last night till this morning, I started thinking about snow days. For those of you that don't know my mom is a teacher the northern West Virginia School districts cancel school a lot. Granted some of the back roads that have to be traveled a school bus shouldn't be on when it is 95 degrees out.. so I understand.

My digression leads to this: If school is cancelled (which Pittsburgh Public Schools are today), why do I have to come to work? I mean really aren't the roads just as dangerous for me as them? Granted, I don't have to stand out in the cold waiting for bus, but I do have to shovel my ass out, clean my car, slide across the Westinghouse bridge, drive through McKeesport who for whatever reason doesn't do shit to their roads and then drive in to the industrial park where the main road has never been plowed 1 time...

Awesome isn't it?

So I pose the question.. where is my fucking snow day!!!!!

No comments: